Supplementing Spleen Qi to Eliminate and Reduce Damp and
- Damp, greasy, fatty, fried foods, oily foods
- Cold raw and excessive uncooked foods, cold raw salads (especially in winter), cucumbers
- Icy cold beverages
- Carbonated drinks (including sparkling mineral water)
- Dairy products
- Bananas, pineapples, watermelon, summer tropical fruits (especially out of season)
- Junk foods
- Citrus fruits and juices
- Frozen foods
- Cooking meals in the microwave should also be avoided
- Excessive meat and alcohol, especially pork and wheat beer
- Grains – oats, amaranth, yiyi ren barley, rices, millet muesli or millet porridge with cinnamon and raisins.
- Vegetables – seasonal, beetroots, red cabbage, carrots, fennel, spinach, mung beans, ginger, garlic, leeks, cardamom, pumpkin, sweet potatoes.
- Meats – chicken, beef, beef stock, veal, lamb, poultry.
- Fruits – pears, sweet apples, lemon zest, apricots, dates, plums, raisins, red grapes.
- Seeds – sesame, peanuts, walnuts, hazelnuts, pistachios (all nuts and seeds are best eaten in moderation).
- Drink – fennel tea, cinnamon spiced tea, mead, liqueurs, corn silk tea, mandarin peel tea, licorice tea, red grape juice.
- Sweeteners – maple syrup, barley malt, raw honey, raw cane sugar (rapadura), molasses.
- Spices – aniseed, star anise, cayenne, pepper, fennel, ginger, cardamom, nutmeg, vanilla, cinnamon, coriander, oregano, rosemary, thyme.